Saturday, December 30, 2023

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas. We've had a very relaxing, homebody kind of holiday. My mom (Grandma Wendy) was here for about a week over Christmas and we went to Chuck's mom's (Granny Joan) house for Christmas dinner. This past Thursday I actually thought it was the weekend, and most of us wear our pjs most of the day. Perhaps the only sad member of our family is Millie who is not getting quite as many walks as she usually would, but she rolls with it in her own laid back fashion. 

Eric did have an appt at clinic on Wednesday. His hemoglobin has fallen a little, but no need for a transfusion yet, and his platelets actually increased. It was a quick appointment which left me free for a nice sanity-break lunch with my mom and aunts. We go back again next Wednesday, Jan 3. 

Since Eric will soon have to have his port (under the skin) switched out for a CVC (on top of the skin), I wanted to get him swimming while he can. I have tried to book a Swimply for tomorrow, but not getting any response, so we will see. However, I've also booked a local hotel with a pool and waterslide for a night next week. We did one of these staycations after Joel got Covid for his 10th birthday and the kids thought it was an absolute blast so hopefully they will enjoy it again.  

I took everything off the Christmas tree last night, while Eric and I watched Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (and I said "we were there" and "oh we were there" and Eric said "moooooooommmmmmmm.") I put it all on the dining room table and now I am just waiting for the magic fairies to come and put away all the decorations. I can dream, right? 

Over the break, I organized all of our vacation photos into a folder on One Drive. In case anyone is interested in looking through 400+ photos of our Disney vacation (don't worry, I won't hold it against you if you aren't), here is a link to the photos: 

 Make A Wish Trip 

The link will expire on January 31, 2024. 

I have included a couple of my fave photos from our trip as well as one from Christmas morning. 

Wishing everyone a safe and happy New Year's Eve celebration! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Year Anniversary

Two years ago today, Eric was admitted to hospital for the first time. We had an indication from his GP based on his blood work that he had ...